Monday, September 04, 2006

Aston Martin on the Block

LONDON -- Aston Martin CEO Ulrich Bez is planning a management buyout of the luxury sports car maker, put up for sale by Ford Motor Co. last week as it frees up funds to invest in other brands, weekly newspaper the Sunday Times said.
The paper, quoting senior sources at Ford, said Bez was likely to front a consortium bidding for Aston Martin.

 

The faster Ford unloads this boutique maker the better, Aston Martin

has done nothing to really add to Fords bottom line after some 20 plus years of ownership, but hey at least they get to brag that they make the car James Bond drives.

 

J.

No comments: